Celebrating life stories...



Memorial created 05-24-2016 by
Kathy McAdam
Patrick McAdam
November 18 1959 - April 28 2016

This online memorial was created in loving memory of Patrick "Pat" McAdam, whose life was taken by a Motorcycle accident on April 28, 2016. His story is told throughout this memorial website.

It is a work in progress so please be patient while we add stories of his family, his upbringing, everything that made this beautiful man who he was. Pat's life story will be told throughout these pages.

Please sign Patrick's guest book and let us know you came to visit. We will remember Patrick forever.

A graduate of Pope John High School, Pat joined the Everett Police Department after graduating from the Boston Police Academy in 1983. He continued on with his education to complete his Bachelor's Degree and eventually earned his Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice from Western New England College. Before becoming an Everett police officer, Pat worked for Cataldo Ambulance Service. He served in the patrol force for eight years before he was promoted to Sergeant in 1991. He was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant in 2001 and to Captain in 2006. He was commander of the patrol force, detective bureau and the Everett Police Department Dive team during his career. Captain McAdam served as the first commander of the Everett Police Department Special Operations Unit. A respected police professional, who by his commanding presence, work ethic, knowledge and common sense garnered respect from all who worked with him.


Signing Retirement papers Dec 2014

 Prior to retirement Pat lived an interesting and adventurous life. From living aboard his beautiful vessel the M/V Pinnacle in Boston Harbor, cruising the Carribean, scuba diving in exotic places, to traveling across the country by motorcycle with his wife Kathy.

Pat married his soul mate Kathy on February 22, 2014 on the beautiful South Beach on Marco Island. 

He then retired a decorated Police Captain in January 2015 after 32 years of service on the police force. Pat retired a year earlier than he had planned. He lost his father to a sudden illness in Sept 2010 and Pat decided that it was more important than ever to spend more time with his mother and treasure every moment. The very day Pat retired, that afternoon he and Kathy packed up the truck and hit the road. They moved to Marco Island Florida to spend their days together in the sun and enjoy spending time with his mom Carlene.


Pat and Kathy loved to travel and go on adventures but now he believed they truly lived in paradise. Every night when taking their loyal little puggle Mugzee for her evening walk Pat would look at Kathy and ask "Can you believe we live in Paradise? How cool is this?"

Pat was a gentle and kind soul that was out to save the world one person at a time. He was generous and loyal and had an unwavering commitment to his family and friends

He had a warriors heart and the soul of an angel. 




Heavenly Blue

Just for you


Pat loved riding his motorcycle. He traveled cross country twice and we rode thousands of miles all over the country. We rode up and down the East Coast between our homes in Florida and Massachusetts. Pat took every precaution when riding. He wore all the right gear. Body Armor, Gloves, Helmet, Boots. He spent many years as a motorcycle officer. He taught many of us how to ride. He was known as the safest guy to ride with.

Noone will ever know what truly happened that day. 


 He will always be remembered for 

"doing the right thing" 

no matter the consequence. He was loyal to a fault.



Pat's new Passion

Pat purchased a pair of Sea Doo's for my 50th Birthday. Pat was very hesitant about getting these. His last experience with a Personal Watercraft was in the Bahamas on a cruise and it didn't go well. He was terrified of the things after that. I wasn't aware how nervous he was but he wanted nothing more than for me to be happy and he knew how much I had always wanted one and to be able to ride around what he referred to as "our island".


 Our first day out he left with much trepidation. Unbeknownst to me he was terrified but he didn't want to ruin my fun. After riding for a bit I looked over and saw the uncertainty on his face. So I reassured him and told him to just relax, do some laps up and down the river and some figure 8's. After practicing that first day he started to get his groove on. Each trip he gained more confidence and his smile got broader by the day. He had found a new passion. He loved it! Every time we went out he would return so proud that he was dryer than the last time he had come back. Every ride he would say to me "How awesome is this?" 


We continued our explorations, finding little places to raft together, have some lunch, watch the wildlife and enjoy the peace and beauty of every day.  He considered the Sea Doo his motorcycle on the water now and was already planning an extended trip across Lake Okeechobee to the other coast of Florida. Pat did nothing half way. He was always ALL IN.  Always looking for the next big adventure as he was looking forward to all the adventures that lay ahead on our new toys. Sadly he was only able to enjoy the Sea Doo's for a few weeks before he lost his life. The smile on his face those days out in 10,000 islands will never be forgotten.



My Light



My Love



My Heart


 Till we meet Again...



Previous Page

Please sign the guestbook for Patrick by clicking here

This page has been visited 31307 times


Honor, cherish and share your loved one's story.


About VM    ::    FAQ    ::    Create    ::    Terms of Use    ::    Privacy Policy    ::    Resources    ::    Contact
Copyright (1996-2015) Virtual Memorials Inc. All rights reserved.